Sunday, March 8, 2009

Holy Cow



One of the conversations that are just fun to have with your kids:
It starts off with me proclaiming my love with something like "I sure love you boys a lot". Eli thinking to himself...hm, I wonder how much is a lot?. He incredulously asks "Not more than the alphabet"? To which my reply was "Yep, way more than the alphabet".
"Do you love us more than the store"?
"Of Course".
"More than places"
"Yes"
Then he really started thinking and asking. He wanted to get to the bottom of just how much I loved them. He asked "more than cars", "more than lamps", "more than van huge cars"?
My obvious reply was yes.
"Do you love us more than way up to the sky"?
"Yep, more than way up to the sky".
"Holy cow, I can't believe you love us more than way up to the sky. That means you'll never not like us".
He's starting to grasp the enormity of my love, but he wants to make sure.
"Do you love us more than all the way up to the sky mixed together with 20 mixed together with 100"? (Obviously an astronomical amount). And in his most enthusiastic voice proclaims:
"Holy, Holy Cow!!! That's a LOT!!!!"
And it's true...I love my boys more than way up to the sky mixed together with 20 mixed together with 100!!

6 comments:

Heather, Rex, etc. said...

That boy is so smart. He really thinks about things deeply! Very cute!

megan said...

Shannon that is the cutest thing I have ever read! Thank you so much for posting that!
megan

Peggy said...

Holy Cow!!! That's alot of Love!!!

Tymon said...

I can totally see Jimmy asking those same questions when he was a kid. I miss you guys. We'll have to have you over again soon...but this time we won't leave while you're here =)

Karissa Magelsen said...

Shannon - the things your kids say are some of the rare moments I can honestly use the cyber term "LOL". Hilarious. I can't wait to see you guys.

Mags said...

I wish I could be inside that kid's head for one day. The fun I would have would be "holy, holy cow" .... a lot!!