In nursery a few weeks ago, Cade got a classic object lesson. They had learned about faith being like a seed, and given the kids a cup of dirt, and planted a bean in it. In the past, I've thought "nice object lesson, but who knows if it actually grows". Anything of this sort always spills before we even make it home. But I carefully brought this cup home and had a lot of help and reminders to water it diligently. Within a week, to my amazement, it was actually growing. And it kept growing. I wanted to see how big this bean would actually get, but sure enough as soon as I was done taking this picture, Cade had broken the stem and the plant died. But the bean made a pretty impressive stalk, and Cade was proud!
Sunday, March 29, 2009
So Proud
In nursery a few weeks ago, Cade got a classic object lesson. They had learned about faith being like a seed, and given the kids a cup of dirt, and planted a bean in it. In the past, I've thought "nice object lesson, but who knows if it actually grows". Anything of this sort always spills before we even make it home. But I carefully brought this cup home and had a lot of help and reminders to water it diligently. Within a week, to my amazement, it was actually growing. And it kept growing. I wanted to see how big this bean would actually get, but sure enough as soon as I was done taking this picture, Cade had broken the stem and the plant died. But the bean made a pretty impressive stalk, and Cade was proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A true Farmer! Hi Cade. Grandpa Jim and Uncle Warren grow lots of beans. They could use your help. Your dimples are looking mighty cute.
We love you & Eli, plus your Mom & Dad.
Grandma Peggy
Wow, he is so big! A real boy! Nice work with the bean growing!
Post a Comment